We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhino Africa Tour Company

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
143 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Rhino Africa Tour Company

Just came back from a two week trip booked through Rhino Africa. Had a great time and found them helpful and responsive. Good value for the money just do your homework and ask questions. But definitely reliable and a good company to use!

Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhino Africa Tour Company

Thanks for the info. I'm booked with them for Sept and I'm a bit apprehensive as I've never booked with anyone outside England. Everything has been done via email.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
203 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhino Africa Tour Company

HI,

just got back from SA and we had used Rhino Africa. They are good and very helpful in getting us our special requests like sleep-out arrangements, dietery requirements, etc. Just remember to ask specific questions because though they indicated in the invoice that we would be charged extra for entrance into the Kruger park, didnt realise till we reached the gate (Timbavati)that it was quite a huge amount (R 1000). Considering that we were 10 people (extended family)how they thought we would be carrying so much lose cash with us on a totally paid for safari, i have no clue.

But had a good overall experience.

starsanai

3. Re: Rhino Africa Tour Company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 15:21
Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhino Africa Tour Company

africanman_8 - do you have an actual policy from one of these companies?

I am curious if the traveler is the "named insured" or if it is a group policy. I am also curious to know what country these policies are administered in. Finally, I am also curious if the policies are enforceable in European or US courts or only in South African courts. These factors would be critical in determining the value of such a policy.

Craig Beal - owner - Travel Beyond

5. Re: Rhino Africa Tour Company

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
203 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rhino Africa Tour Company

hi,

to be fair, Rhino Africa never asked us to buy insurance through them

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rhino Africa Tour Company

africanman,

so, to be clear, you booked a trip with my company (Travel Beyond) AND we recommended you buy insurance from american express? we are only liscensed to sell travel guard (aig) and access america so i need to look into this.

since you already did business with my company, i guess it would not be soliciting to ask you to send me an email and let me know what consultant at travel beyond you booked your trip with. my contact info is in my profile (click on my name) or on our web site.

thanks for the helpd.

craig beal - owner - travel beyond

8. Re: Rhino Africa Tour Company

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,839 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rhino Africa Tour Company

Africanman,

As indicated in the other forum this morning, I think you have my company mistaken for AndBeyond. There is no American Express insurance product that I know of for sale in the USA so I am pretty sure you have not booked a trip with my company.

Craig Beal - owner - Travel Beyond

Northbrook, Illinois
Level Contributor
10 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rhino Africa Tour Company

Dear Mr Beal,

I apologize for the error.I won't make it again.

Sincerely yours,

Africaman_8