We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Boswana

new york
Level Contributor
331 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Air Boswana

Thought I'd be flying to Maun on SAA Express but just notified that approval was never given to SAA. So what can I expect on Air Botswana? How safe, comfortable, reliable etc. is this airline?

south carolina
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Boswana

I've only flown them once (a couple of months ago), but the plane was new, the service was good, and the flight was on time -- nicer all around than on a lot of domestic airlines in this country.

new york
Level Contributor
331 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Boswana

Thanks - that's comforting to know. I've been on some 'local' airliines and you wondered how they ever got permission to fly! (Balded tires, broken seats, etc.)

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
201 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Boswana

I recently flew from Maun to Johannesburg. The airplane and service seemed to me equal to any ordinary airline.

new york
Level Contributor
331 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Boswana

Thanks. Getting excited about our trip to Botswana.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
183 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Boswana

Air Botswana flies ATR 42s and ATR 72s. Both are French-made prop planes and hold 60 and 80 people respectively.

While in Maun, we saw a few of the plane and appeared in excellent condition.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
33,053 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Boswana

Botswana has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world. It can afford good planes in its airline.

new york
Level Contributor
331 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Boswana

Thanks for reassuring us. Was initially curious because we have been on some carriers that were really in need of repair!

London
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Boswana

I would say better than jet blue or any short haul delta planes!! flew in to JNB from MUB 2 weeks ago. very new ATR 70 or whatever plane, just happen to read it in the mag ( not really a plane spotter) left on time. flight was full landed very smoothly at JNB . you get a complimentary packet of biltong or mixed nuts a st Louis or fanta!!!

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Boswana

They do have this minor problem of not enough baggage capacity. So don't be surprised is your luggage isn't there when you go to claim it. AWA

10. Re: Air Boswana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2010, 06:18