We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kasane - Serowe in 1 day ?

belgium
Level Contributor
58 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Kasane - Serowe in 1 day ?

Hello,

End of July 2010 we will travel from Kasane towards Sabie in SA. We have the idea to do this trip in 2 days. On the first day we would like to get in Serowe before 18h, in order to take part in the night game drive at Khama Rhino Sanctuary.

It is not clear to me what the distance between Kasane and Serowe is. Based on what I find on the web, it's between 533km and 710km.

So what is the distance from Kasane over Nata to Serowe ?

Road conditions between Kasane and Nata seem to be very bad at some points. But reconstruction seems to be planned. Does someone knows more about this ?

Thx,

Ben

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kasane - Serowe in 1 day ?

It will most likely take you nearly all day. Currently the Nata - Kasane section is slow due to road conditions- potholes and construction. The Francistown to Palapye goes through a number of towns and villages which slows things down. I would leave it as you have scheduled.

Unless you are going to see rhino, I would suggest changing your route.

nr5
Holland
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kasane - Serowe in 1 day ?

The road between nata and Kasane is very very bad. A 4 wheel drive makes it al little easier than a two wheel drive. We drove from Kasane to Francistown in one day and got there just before dark and left early.

Serowe is worth your while but I dont think you'll make it in one stretch. Either take an extra day or skip Serowe. The funpart of Serowe isnt the wildlife, but the bungalows are an awesome expierence.

Have fun!

nr5
Holland
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kasane - Serowe in 1 day ?

Hi Ben

Just noticed you are from belgium. If you do go to Serowe, will you contact me? I would like to ask you a question,

bye

Chobe Kasane
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kasane - Serowe in 1 day ?

Hello

The road from Kasane to Nata is under contracting but you can drive even at 100 kmh and it is 800-+ km,you can make it in a day,contact www.steenboksafari.com they are based in Kasane they do transfers all over Botswana.

David

5. Re: Kasane - Serowe in 1 day ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2010, 07:36