We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Botswana in January

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
927 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Botswana in January

does it make sense to visit botswana national parks in january? I noticed that some operators even shut down their business at this time of the year...

I'd like to see Moremi / Chobe / Savuti for sure. About the Delta, I'm not so sure...what might I see there? Of course tons of birds but I'm absolutely not interested in birds...I've also seen more than enough hippos and crocs...for the Delta, I'm also worried about the mosquito and lots-of-other-stuff-that-bites - situation, especially in january...

thanks

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
385 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Botswana in January

January is in the middle of the rainy season - hot and humid. Moremi is on the eastern part of the Delta with many roads impassbale due to the water, which is why some companies don't run trips there at this time of the year. January is not the best time of the year for wildlife viewing. It is much better in the dry, cold season.

Werner

Eko Tracks

2. Re: Botswana in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 07:15