We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Francistown refugee camp

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Topic
Francistown refugee camp

HI Everyone,

I am a journo planning a reportage from Francistown - I was planning to land in Gabrone in June and take a bus from there.

I have also had a look to flights from Harare but the journey to Francistown seems more complicate.

I am looking for cheap accomodations near Duwki camp, but all I see are expensive lodges - are there any cheaper options?

I am not planning to rent a car, I was wondering how much are taaxis and collective taxis to move around the major cities - are they convenient? In my trips in the Middle East I used to move around by taxi, but I know this is not ME.

Advices are welcome!

Dandelion

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Francistown refugee camp

Dukwi is about 15 kms from Nata. There are a few lodging options there. http://tinyurl.com/7625ptz Probably be much easier to arrange transportation from there too.

Maun
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Francistown refugee camp

To be honest you are not going to find share taxis operating between major towns in Botswana like you do in places like the Middle East. The distances between places are so vast and the population so small that there is not really the demand from locals for this form of transport.

Where else do you need to get to other than Francistown? If you can find relatively cheap flights into Gaborone then this would be a much better option to get to Francistown than Harare. The latter is a long way from Francistown and there are a lot more buses from Gaborone to Francistown.

One tip - do not look for international flights direct into Gaborone as there are very few. Your best option is to look for good fares into Johannesburg. From there you can get relatively cheap daily flights to Gaborone then a bus to Francistown.

It is also possible to get a direct flight from Johannesburg to Francistown although check the times and days it operates as it is not daily. Look at www.airbotswana.com for more details and fares.

Mark, Gondwana Tours & Safaris, Maun

3. Re: Francistown refugee camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2013, 10:44