We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking boot color for September

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hiking boot color for September

We are planning to visit Bostwana, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Uganda in September. Are black boots ok? We have seen posts advising to avoid dark colors due to the tse tse flies, but not sure if that applies to the boots also. I bought a light hiking boot, but it is mostly black. Wondering if I should see about getting one in brown instead.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
865 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking boot color for September

I am sure black will be fine, the only thought is if you are doing a walking safari they may absorb the heat. I think I would prefer to take a comfortable broken in pair. it also depends how much walking you wil be doing we have always just used trekking shoes like salomon but they don't give you ankle protection.

Edited: 11 May 2014, 18:32
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking boot color for September

Black shouldn't be a problem with respect to bugs. However, in very short time they won't look black because of the dusty soil. I tend to wear the type snd color of shoe linked below. That color won't show the dirt as black will.

reviews.kohls.com/9025/359624/reviews.htm

3. Re: Hiking boot color for September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 06:17