We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaccinations

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
37 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Vaccinations

Can anybody please tell me if we really need rabies jabs or not? We are going to 2 different camps in Botswana at the end of August - a total of 6 days/5 nights in all. Thanks.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaccinations

If you're not doing a high risk activity (e.g., working with animals, caving) you don't need the rabies vaccination. Going to camps for safari is not at all high risk. The rabies jab lengthens time required to get someone bitten to a medical facility for treatment, i.e., the jab doesn't confer immunity. In the extremely unlikely event you were bitten you'd be able to get to a facility quickly for treatment.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
37 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaccinations

Thank you so much - we have been getting very confused by the whole thing! We are doing an elephant encounter but otherwise just normal safari stuff. My daughter will be delighted as she hates jabs!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3,904 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaccinations

I'd be worried if she liked jabs! Have fun!!

4. Re: Vaccinations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:17