We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the weather like and when to visit?

Santa Maria
Destination Expert
for Cape Verde
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What's the weather like and when to visit?

Cape Verde has a tropical climate with sunshine all year round. The northeasterly wind ensures pleasant temperatures for a lot of the year. The coolest and the breeziest months are from December to March. The 'rainy season' is in August and September but the rain may only be for a couple of days and some islands may not get any rain at all. The rainiest islands are the ones with mountains (Santiago, Santo Antao, Fogo, Sao Nicolau) and the ones with least rain are Maio, Sal & Boa Vista, where the majority of holiday makers visit. Taking Sal as an example, temperatures may range from 18-28 degrees C peaking in August/September. Temperature usually drops a few degrees in the evening and in winter a light sweater may be needed.

Daily hours of sunshine average from seven to ten and are highest in the months February to June. There is more cloud during the rainier months.

A couple of weather charts may be found at these links

capeverdeexperience.co.uk/Docs/…Weather.aspx

http://www.climatetemp.info/cape-verde/

Any time of year is good for a visit, although the peak of summer is very hot there is usually a good breeze to keep you cool. Even in the rainy season the rain does not usually last too long and although it does bring out the flies and mosquitoes, it turns the islands amazingly green and lush! Windy season is great for kite and windsurfing but on some beaches you may get sandblasted.

essex
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the weather like and when to visit?

that was interesting thanx

london
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the weather like and when to visit?

Hi there a friend of mine recommended Cape Verde to me to go with a girlfriend the last week of October for a week Would you mind telling me where you would recommend us going, what there is to do etc.. is it expensive, is there some night life etc... whatever info you give me would be much appreciated... thanks

3. Re: What's the weather like and when to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cape Verde