We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meals on First Choice Flight

scotland
5 posts
Save Topic
Meals on First Choice Flight

I have just discovered that meals are not included in the cost of the flight. What type of food can I get on the plane and roughly how much does it cost?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meals on First Choice Flight

If you google First Choice Inflight Magazine it should bring up a link to the Thomsons web page which has a PDF copy of their menu. The hot meals on board for short haul are about £5, soup £2.50, too be honest the menu looks rubbish, high in fat and not exactly healthy!

If I were you I would eat before you board or buy something tastier (and healthier) from Boots. I don't know whether light meals have been reintroduced on all Cape Verde flights, maybe worth giving FC a call?

scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Meals on First Choice Flight

Thank you. Phoned FC and definately no free meals provided. Good idea about getting something from Boots. I must admit I am not looking forward to a 6 hr flight with no meal and no in-flight entertainment with 3 children.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meals on First Choice Flight

But think of the beach awaiting your arrival at the other end! Pack travel games, ipods, books, nintendos etc for the flight to keep the kids entertained (depending what age they are obviously!)

Buy soft drinks after security they are quite expensive on the flight and will cost you a small fortune for 3 kids. Take some boiled sweets or lollies for the descent to help reduce the sore ears especially if the kids are still quite young.

Enjoy your holiday remember lots of high factor sun cream that Cape Verde sun is hot! :o)

Sheffield
Level Contributor
459 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meals on First Choice Flight

Miniatures (gin, vodka etc) are 3 for 2 in duty free, and small cans of mixers are 50p. Cheaper than on the plane and a sneaky G&T always makes the flight easier!

They do say you shouldn't consume your own alcohol on the flight but we openly drank our duty free bacardi & coke and nobody said a word.

Also we did get an in flight meal and it wasn't anything special, we would have been just as happy with a boots meal deal.

cheshire
Level Contributor
622 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meals on First Choice Flight

Again i agree there should be meals provided and no in flight entainment is a joke, your holiday starts on the plane and 6 hours flight is defo not short haul. Customers should have some way of complaining to get their point across reguarding this matter

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meals on First Choice Flight

yes in in flight are provided but you do not get a drink,just got back last week,

scotland
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Meals on First Choice Flight

Thanks everybody

cheshire
Level Contributor
622 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meals on First Choice Flight

just to clarify blue moon did u say in flight meals or entainment is included on flights now?

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meals on First Choice Flight

sorry about that ,it is in flight meals provided but no drinks you have to purchase separately, and there is no entertainment,so have a few drinks and a good snooze getting there refreshed

England
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meals on First Choice Flight

Conflicting reports ref. inflight meals some say yes and some say no..........does it depend on which airport you fly .....

Get answers to your questions about Cape Verde