We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any help would be appericated!

watford
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Any help would be appericated!

Hi,

I am planning on going travelling in April 2009 for 1 year and i am extremely interested in doing volunteer work within orphanages as well as working in a monkey rehabilitation, aswell as watching gorilla's in their natural environment and ride and feed elephants. I also want to go an safari !

can anyone advise me on the best place to go in africa or whether Asia would be cater for all my needs..

I am also totally gob smacked about the priced some volunteer organsiation are charging to do voluntary work and so if anyone knows of a company that has fair prices then please let me know. Any reccommendations??

Or whether its best to wait until im in the ocuntry to make the necessary arrangements.

Please help!

I hope to hear from someone soon

Thanks Angela

California
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Any help would be appericated!

I haven't travelled much but I've been planning to travel sometime in the future. I have done a lot of research and their a few places that aren't too exspensive.

You might what to check out the Limbe Wildlife Center in Cameroon for primate rehabilitation. And for working at an orphanage I would consider looking at this site http://www.ifrevolunteers.org other than that I'm not sure what I could tell you. I plan to be doing an orphan/safari program through the site I recommended to you next year.

Hope I helped.

Adelaide
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Any help would be appericated!

Central Africa Republic is a great place to go. However like many african countries, it has experienced trouble before and the offshoot like robbery, crooks etc are around.

The people are good people,

You will be safer and feel positive if you could make friends with other local christians, charity group, Non-governmental organizations group to be brieffed on the latest in the country.

-You may find some cultural shock but that cannot last because other american volunteer experienced.

-Don't show friends that you have much money...etc

I wish I could be there to help but I am in Sydney Australia.

Best regards

Steven-Francois

3. Re: Any help would be appericated!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Central African...