We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Ethiopia.is guide really needed?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
971 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to Ethiopia.is guide really needed?

Planning a trip to Tanzania,and hoping to get to Ethiopia for a visit.how do-able is this?.I'm probably going to go for about 2 and half weeks total,just my wife and I in ethiopia.we have friends in Tanzania so won't have to worry about there.I love Ethiopian jazz so would love to do a few days in addis and enjoy some jazz, and get a taste of life there and then o to cape town.what would be a good time to go, are there any jazz festivals or any particular event I should try and arrive for?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to Ethiopia.is guide really needed?

A guide: I found having one for at least a little of the trip very helpful when talking to people and learning more about the local history and customs than I would have otherwise.

2. Re: 1st time to Ethiopia.is guide really needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 13:18