We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do close to the Hilton

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
things to do close to the Hilton

Just wondering what is close, within walking distance or a short cab ride, from the Hilton Addis? My wife and I are adopting this summer, and were wondering if it is worth walking the city? thanks for your help

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do close to the Hilton

Hello,

Hilton hotel is situated along the road from Meskal square to the main palace. I would prefer that you walk down from Hilton to the Meskal Square. While walking I hope you will enjoy the "The African Park", "ECA-Economic commission for Africa", The second palace on the other side of the road and finally St Estifanos Church. This road is relatively quite that you can have a nice fresh air. You wont get tired because you are going down the hill.

May be at the end you can have coffee and snack at "Village Cafe" in front of St Estifanos Church, or you can also have some nice stuffs in "Square Cafe" where they also prepare foods in addition. Square cafe is my favorite since you can see what is going on the big Meskal Square.

The total distance is around less than 1 km. If you take taxi you should explore more like the national museum at least.

Have a nice trip.

2. Re: things to do close to the Hilton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 22:17