We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

90f .. wow is that hot or what !!

middle england
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
90f .. wow is that hot or what !!

Have looked at weather in Banjul these last few days and note that it has been 90f .. now that is seriously hot, am not moaning mind you however on this site I have not heard of anyone saying that it was to hot to do much, perhaps it is a dry heat. Anyone have any comments ?

Am traveling in 11days time and stopping in Kotu at the Palm Beach Hotel, would very much like to have advice on places to eat nearby, nothing flashy but reasonable meal with a glass of wine ( or 3 !! ) also as I will be travelling on my own can anyone reccomend a friendly bar for a couple of beers. I guess as I am on my own it would be better for me to arrange trips with a tour operator than with a personal guide, that way I will meet other people. It seems that Tilly Tours are a highly respected operator, are they in the Kotu area ?

I guess that most entertainment is in the hotels, would like to know if there are other hotels close to the Palm Beach Hotel and does anyone have any info on entertainment at Palm beach.

Here I go asking so many questions ... but have found people so very helpful and am so grateful.

Cheers

Mike

Ringwood, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 90f .. wow is that hot or what !!

Dear Mike,

I am leaving tomorrow for Sun Beach Hotel - for 7 days. Perhaps I will be able to answer your questions when I return. Hope you have a great holiday - all the things I have read have been very positive and I am really looking forward to the Hol.!

Susan

middle england
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 90f .. wow is that hot or what !!

Hi Susan

Thanx for your reply ... I am flying out on the 27th so guess I will be on my way there as you return.

Have a great holiday

Mike

england
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 90f .. wow is that hot or what !!

Hello we were in the Gambia from the 5to the19th of jan at times it was 42degrees but it is a dry heat so its fine read all the forums on the gambia and you should find out all you need have a great time Barry & chris

4. Re: 90f .. wow is that hot or what !!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 07:20