We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seafood

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
seafood

anyone got a favourite place for seafood? such as tiger prawns and lobster etc, i usually have those in the african queen, just wondered if anybody as had them anywhere else? somewhere different for me to try them, love them could live on seafood

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seafood

could always jump the fence my daughters love the sea food next door in Chosaans

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seafood

what sort of price can i expect to pay for a good slap up meal in either of these places ?

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seafood

depends on the pocket, varied menu, various prices, up to you id say.

macbaine glad your daughters enjoy the seafood, what did they have? do you know if they do lobster?

we have eaten there, must have been one of the very few times i didnt have seafood, ha har

London
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: seafood

griggypiggy it really depends on what you order and whether you have alcohol or not and how much.

Budget for £40 and u'll have a nice night.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seafood

they had tiger prawn curry I had lobster reccomended by Fatu and Adama 2 of the happiest waitresses i have ever met. Never a worry as I know Lamin the owner gets them fresh from Tanji fish market.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: seafood

brilliant, did you find it pricey, thats if you can remember thanks

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: seafood

honestly can`t remember, but not one to throw money away I think it was a good average price, the plus side of chosaans beside the good food and really friendly atmosphere was the very good music late on into the early mornings. Yes our favourite watering hole regards mal

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seafood

thanks mal, will give the lobster a bash, thanks

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: seafood

macbaine, nothing to do with seafood, but are the toilets ok there? They are bad in african queen, usually eat and leave, if they are ok here, may stay for the music, what kind of music is it? thanks again

Richmond, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: seafood

Hi Sunny, honey...... best place for tiger prawns is...............wait for it.......................... Goa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mathhew's beach shack in Calungute. Sorry, u will have to change location as these are the best I've ever tasted in my entire life....... so go to Goa instead - just being silly as it's sunny ...............