We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in December - typical meal costs?

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in December - typical meal costs?

Hi

Thinking of going to Gambia to celebrate my 40th first week of December - will the weather be warm enough to sunbathe in a bikin that time of year?

Also - what are the typical costs of a meal/beer/bottle of wine etc?

Any speacial recommendations for a nice restaurant for the 40th meal are welcome - I have heard of Mr Bass but not sure how expensive that would be?

Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in December - typical meal costs?

Hi, we are going again this year in December. The weather is beautiful deffinetly hot enough for a bikini! We go for three weeks and there might be one day usually thats slightly cloudy. Meals tend to be quite expensive in the hotels so it is best to eat out to get good value for money. A meal price how ever can really vary from less than £5 each up to £20 each or more. But most are in the middle. The beer and wine are again more expensive to get in the hotel so would reccoment getting then outside aswell. Hope this is of some help.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in December - typical meal costs?

the weather is usually gorgeous, if you do get any cloud remember to still use factor, you can still burn badly

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in December - typical meal costs?

Weather in December will be fab, nice and hot and certainly bikini weather!

See my posting under 'first timer' about costs of meals. I would definitely go to Ngala lodge for any special occassion.

Hope this helps...KoS

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in December - typical meal costs?

Thanks all - lots opf recommendations for Ngala lodge - sounds good

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in December - typical meal costs?

Hi you will love gambia in december, prior to our leaving for xmas last year in gambia a friend asked my 21 old daughter what she was going to wear on xmas day, a very casual reply was a "bikini" so there you go have a great holiday (never had a bad one in gambia) regards malcolm

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in December - typical meal costs?

Thanks for the advice

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in December - typical meal costs?

Might want to Put Shirt on later, Drops to 26 to 28c Evenings.. :-)

Rich...

East Sussex
Level Contributor
279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in December - typical meal costs?

Hi there,

Just come back from Gambia and the price of drinks range from £1.00 for a bottle of coke to £1.50 for a beer. A meal costs depends on where and what you eat, an average meal at Ngala Lodge for two is about £20.00 a head that is with soft drinks not wine.

If you like curry then I would recommend the Clay Oven for your birthday special. The staff are attentive but discrete. Again about £20.00 a head thats inclusive of soft drinks but not wine.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,425 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in December - typical meal costs?

Bottle of Coke should be about 10 to 20 Dalasi.

Beer from 15 to 50 Dalasi, Julbrew.

Meals start at about 100 Dalasi.

Bush Taxi's start at 3 Dalasi, usually 12Dalasi Maximum.

Have a Great Birthday..

Rich..

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in December - typical meal costs?

the clay oven, my hubby wants to go there, but im not into curries is there anything else too eat there? or is it just curries? thanks