We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzi repellant names ??

Llanboidy
Level Contributor
438 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Mozzi repellant names ??

I know most of the popular mozzi repellant names,

DEET

BOP

sunscreen with repellant

mesh nets !!

anyone know what the "coils" are named, wheres the best place( on the strip) to get them ??

chemist at the top ?

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzi repellant names ??

Not much choice usually. You take what they have and most times its ok. Last time though, we were just unlucky with a batch that went out all the time. Normally they are all fine, and all the shops sell them. Did you read my posting on bikes from Amsterdam? What time you leaving West Wales tomorrow? The journey to Gatwick is worse, (and longer) than the journey to Gambia. Medical advice for (ex pats) here is to stop taking the medication from January to March, when the risk is less, but if you are only coming for a couuple of weeks take it.

Carmarthenshire
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzi repellant names ??

Hi Heledd,

I think you have Alan-ROYGBIV mixed up with me lol.

Yes thanks, I have read your posts about the bikes, very helpful.

Heading off to Fuerteventura in a couple of hours so I doubt that I shall be in Gambia for at least another 3-4 weeks.

I'll e-mail you nearer the time

Many thanks and Happy New Year

Tom

Llanboidy
Level Contributor
438 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzi repellant names ??

Easy to mix up ??

Just came back from Fuerteventura (few weeks ago) mozzis where everywhere, at night

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzi repellant names ??

Yes I got you mixed up. So WHOEVER wanted the bikes, I looked for you, and WHOEVER wanted to know about the cassettes, I looked too. So. Who is coming on the 1st Jan? I will wave when the plane goes over Brufut!

Llanboidy
Level Contributor
438 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mozzi repellant names ??

ME ME ME ME ME ME

flying in 1st Jan.

hopefully see you while we are there.

Carmarthenshire, Wales

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,913 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mozzi repellant names ??

Will be waving like mad when the plane goes overhead!! Watch out for me!!

Gambia
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mozzi repellant names ??

Hi

For mozzy repellent we are using almost 3 years the Autan. I always refill an old empty spray with this liquid. The Right Choice supermarket having them, 50 dalasis a bottle, 100 ml, and it is very good.

For the bedrooms, or even for the garden we are using the BOP spray. lili8

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mozzi repellant names ??

Hi

A word of advise for anyone thinking of using the mosquito coils Make sure the ones you buy are for indoor use quite a lot are intended to be set on tables outdoor to ward of mozzies or to be placed outside at door entrances and on window frames to set up a curtain mozzies wont penetrate if you use this strength in a closed room overnight you are likely to wake with sore eyes sore throat a tight chest and a blinding headache! rgds

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
804 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mozzi repellant names ??

Avon Skin so Soft does it for me. Never had a problem and if it's good enough for the roughie toughie marines/paras in Afgahnistan it's good enough for me!

Cantanhede, Portugal
Level Contributor
945 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mozzi repellant names ??

Totally agree with avon skin so soft.

My late mother who suffered badly with bites swears by this stuff along with garlic capsules !!!!

Honestly she took them a week before her holiday and one a day on holiday and was never bothered !!!!

Kim

Get answers to your questions about Gambia
Recent Conversations