We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from ....thank you all TA's

Fairford, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from ....thank you all TA's

Hi all, just back form The Gambia and thank you to all the excellent information on this forum as it certainly prepared us well for our holiday.

We had a nice holiday and it certainly beat the cold UK weather but to be honest we wouldn't be in any hurry to return. We can't quite put our finger on why we wouldn't rave about the place but suffice it to say it is a big world out there and we would definitely go to other African countries.

Being our first time we successfully avoided the bumsters cons and even managed to get out of the airport without handing over £1!!! What a rip off though as the baggage handlers know we can't get dalasis until in the Gambia and realistically would you give 40dalasis ie £1 to a bag handler for a tip if you had it???

Anyway, apart from the constant hassle in attempts to be parted from our money that permeated everywhere we went it was all good.

We stayed at the Holiday beach Club which was far better than our expectations and would recommend this to anyone.

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from ....thank you all TA's

So, Squirrelchops, the burning question is "Are you hooked on the Gambia"? You sound as if you had a good time and as we have discussed on here many times, people either love it or hate it... Are you already thinking about going back?

London
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from ....thank you all TA's

Id say so scudder you see it a lot of times peope return saying they dont think they'll return but they normally do lol

Fairford, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from ....thank you all TA's

My other half and I discussed the 'marmite' effect of the Gambia and I think we both feel the same......no we aren't hooked on it.

Without doubt a nice enough holiday but wouldn't be top of the list to return to.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from ....thank you all TA's

We have just returned from The Gambia and that was out fifth time.

Every year my wife from getting there is counting the days to going home.

She can't explain it if you ask her, but as I say we have been five times.

Nowt as queer a fowk!!!

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from ....thank you all TA's

wildcat thats weird, why does she go if she cant wait to come home?

i on the other hand count the days before i go, and dont want to pack to go home

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from ....thank you all TA's

She goes for my sake and to see the far corners of The Gambia and the stunning birds and the children at our chosen school.

She is the total opposite on Lesvos, she could stay there forever!!

7. Re: Just back from ....thank you all TA's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 17:19