We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reports for tillys tours?

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
reports for tillys tours?

how come we are getting reports left right and centre, about tillys tours and how good they are?

and the people who are posting them, its there first posting and they arnt even mentioning rest of there holidays,is it me or is it a bit odd?

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga
Level Contributor
739 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reports for tillys tours?

It seems a tad suspicious to me too. Especially given the current situation.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reports for tillys tours?

thats what i was thinking

i personally would have said about my holiday, prices, advise, and would have mentioned that id been on a tour, just like the majority of real travelers

not just ive been on a tour

weird to say the least, wish they would pack it in, they must think people are stupid

London
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: reports for tillys tours?

Well I'm impressed that my posting has caused a reaction lol

Ive got to say that its obvious what is going on and if they think that ...

A ... We're all stupid enough to fall for this they're wrong.

B... By posting bogus postings people looking for tours (like I pointed out in my OP) will find their self praising postings they're wrong try it put in Tours and see what postings come up the tillys ones are bumping up the negatives.

C... If they think this is doing any good for either Tillys or more importantly glove theyre not if anything I'm more Suspicious of the lot of them.

If this was some sort of damage limitation then it has definitely backfired!!!

4. Re: reports for tillys tours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 January 2009, 18:17
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: reports for tillys tours?

All these rumblings about Tilly's, which I'm sorry, I just don't understand what's going on here or in the Gambia.

I'm just pleased we are birdwatchers who get picked up at 7.30am every morning, taken to where we have discussed the day before and dropped off after a fantastic days birding.

See different areas of the Gambia, the people, the surroundings and all at a leisurely pace, and to see the children at our chosen school.....no complications.

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,883 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reports for tillys tours?

Have to agree with you Wildcat. Have no idea what this is all about

London
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: reports for tillys tours?

Pmlllllllllll bod (",)

I cant understand how you cant understand whats going on theres been 2 rather lengthy threads that have outlined everything and still the plots thickening will we get to the bottom of it???hmmmmmmmmm

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: reports for tillys tours?

Sorry Blackashine, don't get involved in other peoples arguments!!!!!

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reports for tillys tours?

Ha ha Bod - nice try.. virually every time I have been in a bush taxi in the Gambia it has broken down. Isn't that the norm?!

Now then super sleuths, consider this.. Maybe the people posting have genuinely had a really good experience, have heard about the attacks on Tillys Tours and want to express their support. Not everyone who is an avid reader of this forum posts anything. We had someone the other day who said he/she had been reading for months and had only just posted for the first time. Some people may only join to say something that's on their mind.

All of us who have posted so far on this thread have admitted that we are not involved in this and therefore cannot possibly speculate with any accuracy on what the heck is really going on, so quite why I decided to post I dont know... Aaargh! Oh yes, it was because immediately I saw the post I thought it was someone pledging support rather than any underhand tactics...

Fairford, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reports for tillys tours?

Well, I HAVE posted before about my holiday to the Gambia and as i stated in my post about Tillys Tours i didn't say i had used them for a trip as I didn't want to be seen as embroiled in the issue going on with GLOVE and Tillys etc.

Therefore I wimped out but when I saw someone else praising their good trips I felt compelled too as well. Call me cowardly, so what! I have no comment to make regarding all the other issues as I didn't have anything to do with the GLOVE side of things bar donating some pens and pencils.