We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any concerts next month?

Newcastle
Level Contributor
307 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Any concerts next month?

We are going to Gambia 30th March - 13 April. When we were there in November we missed out on the Thione Seck concert at the International Stadium and have regretted it ever since. Also heard Youssou N'Dour played in The Gambia recently. Are there any similar concerts in the Gambia during early April?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,418 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any concerts next month?

Bumping for better view..

Manchester
Level Contributor
103 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any concerts next month?

I can't help you with any info about up coming concerts but you are right about Youssou Ndour. I was in TG during Feb. He did a gala dinner on independence day then the following day did a concert at the football stadium. I went to the one at the football stadium. We asked one of the barmen from Billy's in Banjul to get our tickets and he organised our transport. We were expecting it to start at about 8pm like in England but we didn't get to the stadium until midnight and Youssou Ndour started at about 2:30am. It was a great concert and there were lots of local bands on before the main event.

I know one of the broadcasters on Unique FM in Bakau, I'll check with him and see if there's anything happening while you're there.

Edited: 16 March 2011, 10:41
Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any concerts next month?

Hi

Look/listen to www.raaki.com especially when over there rgds

4. Re: Any concerts next month?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 06:17