We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wifi

North Wales
Level Contributor
268 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Wifi

A last minute request for info.... how widely available is internet access nowadays? We are staying in Kotu. Just bought a Kindle Fire specially for the trip

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wifi

Imternet access is better now than it used to be although can be sporadic. Plenty of internet places so you can get online. Wi-fi is more widespread too now and is available in several bars, look at earlier topics to see where.

rgds

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wifi

Try this link

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293794-i9249-k5…

North Wales
Level Contributor
268 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wifi

thanks for the replies.

Any info on Kotu availability ?

Dave

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wifi

Which hotel / apartments u staying at dave ?

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
781 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wifi

Wi -fi is available at Kombo beach hotel ( at a charge) and also at Sunset Beach ( FOC ), others may be available.

rgds

North Wales
Level Contributor
268 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wifi

Brilliant,we are staying at the Sunset Beach,I don't think they had wifi when we were there in Feb 2011.

canterbury
Level Contributor
771 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wifi

if i remember correctly, i have a kindle and you should have g3. mine is the previous generation and you have the same access as mobiles. tbh it was patchy last year to say the least. we had wifi in the lobby of our hotel and just downloading the daily paper took forever, we tried a couple of times going online in restaurants again not much luck.

Edited: 12 November 2012, 22:46
North Wales
Level Contributor
268 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wifi

The Kindle Fire HD doesn't have 3G but it's much faster than the older Kindle readers.My wife has the latter that does have but it's painfully slow on the web. The last time in TG 3G was not available there.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Wifi

In Lamin, by Mandari Road, when I get back there..!!

Will get 2, one for Locals and other for Tourists..

Hopefully about Jan/Feb..

Some of the Bars there may have them as well

Rich...........

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,446 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wifi

Dave :- TG has moved on at a pace. They have had 4G since March and we are only just getting it in selected areas in the UK now. Neil's Bar in Tranquil has it.

Get answers to your questions about Gambia
Recent Conversations