We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diesel Shortage in the gambia

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Diesel Shortage in the gambia

hubby told me is a major shortage of diesel that some taxi's have parked up, so found this article.

hellogambia.com/is-diesel-in-short-supply-lo…

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diesel Shortage in the gambia

There have bee shortages but this is not uncommon. One of the garages in Sanyang ran out but the other had plenty as their pump was't working. Got it going again so filled up.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Diesel Shortage in the gambia

Bit more,

americanstreetnews.com/news/gas-shortage-hit…

Rich........

blackpool
Level Contributor
797 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diesel Shortage in the gambia

I think it was reported yesterday that they have now had a delivery, common problem now resolved.

Gary

Inveraray, United...
Level Contributor
556 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diesel Shortage in the gambia

No not resolved still short, queues are horrendous for diesel, arrived yesterday went out to fill the tank to find non! Eventually bought some at a petrol station from a jerry can that was reserved for someone else, they had not showed up his loss i got 1000D of fuel, managed another 1000d today at the presidents station, but a lot of cars parked up. They say it could be a couple more days before resolved all to do with wanting to increase prices.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Diesel Shortage in the gambia

WAs Bedlam when I went to get my tyre inflated this morning, must have been 60 jerry cans waitng to be filled and cars queueing back down the road. Thankfully Consuela runs on Essence not Diesel :)

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diesel Shortage in the gambia

Hi

On Monday diesel was D47 at most filling stations Today D48 and D 49 Upriver and North bank Petrol was D49 and now D 50.50 Its a safe bet that once supplies are back to normal these prices will remain rgds

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Diesel Shortage in the gambia

Another power cut and the generator runs on diesel. Could be a long dark night....

Dorset
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Diesel Shortage in the gambia

Our power supply has been almost non existent for the last 3 days here in Kerr Serring :(

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,531 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Diesel Shortage in the gambia

Hi

I asked this question on the other thread and now my questions been answered, it times like this that you need a really good solar powered light!! But "boy" are the powerful one's expensive!!

Breeze

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,470 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Diesel Shortage in the gambia

Riddim if you need anything charging just give me a ring I'm not far from you xx