We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

What can l say but another perfect trip, maybe l'm still wearing the rose tinted specs, l did take them off and it was still amazing. l guess it's because we avoid the strip as much as possible and prefer to eat away from there. Flight was ok, ready with our £5 notes to change for coins for the porters, Hamed to meet us again, we just love him.

Lazy first few days, went to Bakau in a yellow cab (all the way!) for 100 dalasi, l know he was off his route but he was happy to take us. Loved the fishing harbour but didn't find the Bakau guest house until a later trip when Hamed took us. Loved Cape Point beach, the sand is amazing, the fruit juice and plate of fruit was also very welcome. Saw Junio pop his head out of the water in the croc pool after we shouted his name 3 times. Ate at Bella's and had brilliant wifi as well as great food and nice toilets.

Saw the sand painting in Bakau, what a great art and well worth buying pictures to take home if you want gifts or souveniers but bargain them right down.

Visited a well equipped German private clinic in Serrakunda where they can take blood from you if you wish to donate and offer anything from major surgery, dentistry, childbirth to minor cuts and burns, it's called a clinic but is a small hospital. Also visited a much simpler clinic near Sinchu Alghie (may be spelt differently) no electricity and running on very little funding, another nurse Fatou runs it not Jeff's Fatou.

Went to Wullingkamma nursery and lower basic schools last Monday and Tuesday, the children are amazing and all want to shake your hand. We bought a few of them lunch for 1 dalasi each (2pence!!!)

We arranged a football match between Jackie Learmonth's football team and Hamed's Farandinto team, what a game, the young lads loved it, Jackie arranged the stadium and we gave a football shirt to the best player from each team. The bus they arrived on was full to the brim, on the roof and hanging off the back all singing Ole, ole, ole, ole. My heart was in my mouth but it was great fun, thanks Jackie for doing all the booking.

Another 2 beach days with Heledd, she does a superb job with those kids and last week they were horse riding on the beach. You really must try to get to oe if you havn't been.

We went to Hamed's home twice for lunch and what a feast his wife made for us, banana leaves, sweet potato, chicken, aubergine on a bed of rice, a goat walked through the house whilst we were eating hahaa. We met all his extended family who live on his compound, adorable people who welcome you into their homes and cannot do enough for you.

There's so much more to report but that's all l'm telling for now. l know someone will accuse me of avoiding negative comments but l really cannot find any to report, what about the goat walking through the house, that's a negative isn't it??? We loved it though, CANNOT wait for our next trip

North Wales
Level Contributor
558 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

Sounds superb Angela. If you saw no negatives, that's it you saw none. Don't worry what some might accuse you of.

Curry.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,443 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

Great report. You don't need rose coloured glasses to have fun in TG. It just happens!!!

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

Thanks Angela, nice report - and I know what you mean about Del's Beach Days at the Pelican.

Hamble, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

Glad you are having such a lovely time, I really believe it is possible to have nothing negative to say as we could not find a fault last time we were there.

Isle of Sheppey
Level Contributor
802 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

I didn't realise you were back yet. Great report Angela, and it seems like you managed to fit a lot in this time.

Bet you will start planning another trip very soon.

Stardust x

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

Another great report Angela.

Bet your missing Gambia already.

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

Negatives? What negatives? Sounds like you had a pretty positive holiday all round to me!

In fact it sounded action packed, charitable, interesting & thoroughly enjoyable. A lovely, positive report which was a joy to read!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

I enjoyed it too, Angela. Thanks.

Bakau, Gambia
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

Rose coloured glasses Mmm Only been here a day and managed to kick the bed end ,in my bare feet two toes really black and really sore ,very lucky to have nurse Fatou on hand who after the inspection declared the repareable and not broken ,but advised to remove the rose tinted glasses ,,

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Still no bumsters in Wullingkamma, report on our 3rd trip

Sounds like you had great time! I didn't eat at bella's during my couple of days at the cape but heard it was good. Will try it next time!