We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

east europeons

north notts
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
east europeons

just got back from ocean bay full of people from poland ,all on all inclusive light (all meals soft drinks water & afternoon tea plus 4 beers i dont think many went out .spoke to locals who said they had not seen any We were told that the hotel now owned by a Rumanian??? is this the future!!!

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: east europeons

Hi

Ocean Bay is currently under offer from a Turkish group rgds

Ellesmere Port...
Level Contributor
571 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: east europeons

Whats wrong with people from Poland being there , dont you think they should go on holiday.

darlington UK
Level Contributor
182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: east europeons

Surely thats a good thing that more tourists are going????? Why does it matter where they are from?......imagine if people said that about us british people going???? Live and let live.....nationality, colour, creed, religion, who cares as long as it keeps people in work who gives a Sh..

As they say in gambia "its nice to be nice"

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: east europeons

As I have said before AI is not my choice and if a hotel is full of people who never go outside then it is a loss to the outside businesses, and maybe the tourists are not getting as much out of their holiday. But it's their choice and at least the hotel staff are fully employed as are the outside services/suppliers to the hotel - the local butcher, bakery, grocer, laundry etc

Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: east europeons

I agree with post 4!

Shame they are not seeing what Gambia has to offer and more importantly - no local businesses benefiting from them!

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
270 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: east europeons

Posts 2 & 3 spot on !!!

nottingham
Level Contributor
126 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: east europeons

People go on holiday for lots of different reasons. I'm tired of this knocking Eastern Europeans at every opportunity. It's none of our business. As others say, live and let live.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 09:19
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: east europeons

So they are doing what West European's, AI is there and it's their Prerogative, as 2 & 3 say's, the Businesses outside still get there Money.

Unfortunate that the Tourist's don't see The Real Gambia.. I don't mean the Bumsters, the Real People are way of the Tourist Tracks...

Saying that, I'm looking out for a New or Second Hand Heart, for Consuela...!! Any Takers or Know..

''.. Rich.......

London, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: east europeons

there were 2 Polish couples in Kombo last week and i gave them a bit of stick about the football and they took it in good heart and gave me a bit back. from what i no bout Gambians they like a bit of banter and i think because of that the Polish will fit right in because they do have a sense of humor and as far as i can see Polish women tend to be quite attractive

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: east europeons

My experience is that Poles tend to be respectful when abroad. I think they get confused with the Russians quite a lot.

Many Goans we spoke to disliked the Russians as they could be very rude, arrogant and didn't treat the locals with respect. Having said that you can't damn a whole nation for the poor behaviour of a few.

Just imagine what some countries must think when they hear the Brits are coming!