We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for trip in April

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack for trip in April

I have been reading lots on this site regarding the cool evening temperatures being experienced of late.

My question is will we still need to bring warm clothing for the evenings in April. We arrive on 4th April staying in the Kairaba and we will be doing a lot of birding so our days consist of up before dawn and bed by about 10pm.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack for trip in April

Hi Bruce.. here's a weather forecast which, depending on the accuracy, should be of some help:

accuweather.com/en/…

what this forecast doesn't mention is the wind movement, I know from my own experience in Dec & Jan that if the sea breeze gets up at night it can chill things down.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What to pack for trip in April

The sun doesn't come out (when there is one it's missing today) and feel warm until 9am. I'd advise at least a light fleece for before then. If it's as cold as today you'd need more. The weather varies so much as last week everyone was complaining it was too hot on a night when sleeping.

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to pack for trip in April

Thank you both for your help so if i pack a light fleece for the early mornings and a jumper for the evening i should be alright.

It seams a bit strange talking about jumpers in TG when I am sitting in my garden with a t Shirt enjoying a lovely spring afternoon

4. Re: What to pack for trip in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 06:20