We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

I just read this on the Goa forum...

<<< Asda pharmacy now sells generic malarone at £1.00per tablet! Yes that is correct and not a typo error........ no prescription needed, have a quick, free, thorough consult.... >>>

and in a later post from a different poster:

<<<.....my local Asda to see the Pharmacist, they have the Generic Malarone with a two year expiry date on......they are selling them at £1 each...>>>>

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k6…

Edited: 12 June 2014, 17:35
North Wales
Level Contributor
558 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

Well that's got to be good news. Hopefully it'll force the others (Tesco etc.) to drop their prices too.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,429 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

Trev,

One a Day or Week..??

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

Sorry Trev!!

I must admit I had to look at the date you posted the post as I thought this is surely an April fool!!

I say this because everyone else is still selling them at a high price!!

I will find out from our local Asda if it's true and for sure "if it is" I'll be hot footing it to bank and getting some cash out to stock up on "said bargains"!!!

Breeze

Stockport, Cheshire
Level Contributor
426 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

Bargain indeed:

hotukdeals.com/deals/malarone-generic-tablet…

M.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

Rich - Malarone is a one-a-day regime, so 16 tabs for a 7 day trip - taken for the 2 days before arriving, 1 a day whilst there and then for the 7 days after leaving

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

A recent poster on the Goa forum mentions that they were told that it may be a limited offer until current stocks are exhausted so it might be a good idea to check it out sooner rather than later.

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

It looks like the deal is still available. This from the Goa forum, posted yesterday...

<<<< Just come back from asda pharmacy and have bought the malaria tablets for a pound each just a few questions to answer and that was all .told chemist we were not travelling until January and he just made sure of the expiry date for us.>>>

tripadvisor.co.uk/…59362656

Edited: 29 June 2014, 09:58
Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,273 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

Hi Trev. Hope you are well. I am going to Asda in the week to buy some, hopefully. If my memory serves me right they normally have a longish expiry date on them anyway. Not sure if we are doing Goa, Gambia or both this season but whatever we decide we will need the malarone. Will post on here how I get on and what sort of questions they ask.

9. Re: Bargain for generic malerone - £1 each

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 05:16