We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are custom officers at Banjul behaving?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Are custom officers at Banjul behaving?

Flying back out to BJL next week, just wanted to know if anybody has recently had any dealings with custom officers/ attempts made by them to collect "taxes" ?

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Are custom officers at Banjul behaving?

had aproblem told ganbian tourist department the got it sorted go do it

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are custom officers at Banjul behaving?

Can you possibly elaborate? Are the gambian tourist department based at the airport?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are custom officers at Banjul behaving?

I had a funny incident returning from Banjul with a customs officer. Travelling hand luggage only, put my bag on xra y machine and got stopped for 20 packs of tobacco. We had a conversation about my excessive quantity then the guy wanted to know about my Ozzy Osbourne book. Told him he could have it on my return and took his telephone number. He was not worried about tobacco and did not even bother checking my boarding pass . LOL

DAZ

Grantham, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Are custom officers at Banjul behaving?

november last year some goodsgambian the stolen by officer said the were a gift for him no they were for a village told the gambian tourist department the staff at airport were told if it happens again the will be put in front of tha law

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,531 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are custom officers at Banjul behaving?

Hi twoleftfeet!!

When we flew back in late march we didn't have so many problems in Banjuls however.... We had our cases and that both of them slit by the zips, we didn't notice this until we picked them off the conveyere belt at Mancheste of course this was on the way back and were pulled up at customs officers in Manchester Airport..... Our big mistake is that we should have gone and told them that our case were tampered with whcih they were!! You live and learn.....

For the first time in seven years this was so very Bazaar and so very strange!!

Best wishes

Breeze

Edited: 17 August 2014, 19:10
North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,531 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are custom officers at Banjul behaving?

Oppppsss!!

Sorry about the errors I really need new specs!!

Breeze

7. Re: Are custom officers at Banjul behaving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 06:16