We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of transfer/taxi

Which Banjul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
cost of transfer/taxi

Does any one have an idea how much a taxi for two people would cost from Banjul airport to the ocean Bay hotel?

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of transfer/taxi

think you would be looking at between 500D and 400D all depends how good you are at haggling, goodluck and haggle hard

uk
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of transfer/taxi

Thank you!!

Daventry, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of transfer/taxi

It's a fixed rate - there's a board up at the airport showing the cost to various places. Cape Point (where the Ocean Bay is) costs 550D per taxi. Confirm the price before you set off, it saves the driver trying to charge more when you arrive!

London
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of transfer/taxi

Ignore the boards whether its Taxi fares or money exchanges haggle for a fair price.

There will be someone ready to take you money for less/more than suggested

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of transfer/taxi

Quite right Blackashine. I know quite a few taxi drivers who are willing to accept a tenner for the trip from airport to senegambia area. Cape Point is quite a bit further tough, so can't really comment on that

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of transfer/taxi

UkPc

What an amazing thing. I just logged onto the forum with the sole purpose of asking the exact same question. We don't go until next march (48 weeks, saddo for counting!) having only booked it last week. We fancy doing a private transfer but it depends on cost. Let us know how you get on in your review when you get back - if you do one that is. When do you go?

Wid

ipswich
Level Contributor
798 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of transfer/taxi

It cost me D400 too get to Kololi from the airport

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of transfer/taxi

Wid

If you want it all set up in advance go to www.airporttransfer.gm Reliable and about £16 rgds

Wid
Wirral,England
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of transfer/taxi

Irishadrian

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

Sorry to show my dumness but what is rgds? Bet you're all laughing at me now - it's probably something obvious as h***!

Wid

isle of man
Level Contributor
359 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of transfer/taxi

No one would laugh at you on this forum, we do have some laughs though look at the new airline!!!!! great. rgds means regards, so rgds to you

Get answers to your questions about Banjul