We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving

perth
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Scuba Diving

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me if there is scuba diving available in the Gambia, husband is refusing to go as he says he hasnt heard of any dive sites there.

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba Diving

creeavenue

'Fraid you are out of luck Gambian waters are not suitable for scuba diving rgds

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba Diving

:( I tried to snorkel the first time I went and was very disappointed (not to mention I got a lungful of water as the waves are too strong). I soon learnt to replace snorkelling equipment with presents for friends we'd met. Satisfying in a different kind of way, but equally as good.

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba Diving

Sorry, no diving available. We want to go out past the reef (off Senegambia Beach) and initially snorkle there as hubby thinks there will be great life on the otherside, but the problem is getting a)a boat which you actually feel safe about going out that far in and b) getting someone to take you that far, never met a gambian yet who is willing to take us to 'blue water'. There is a man out there with a compressor and some tanks but doesn't take people out, purely for his own use. ONE DAY we will do it but not something I can see becoming available for tourists in the foreseeable future.

liverpool
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Scuba Diving

maybe this should be one for adrians "what if anything is missing in gambia"

ipswich
Level Contributor
798 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Scuba Diving

No scuba diving :( but i have seen a gentleman at paradise going snorkeling, he was out in 10 mins so must been rubbish.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scuba Diving

all the reports you have read are spot on tried from sanyang to cape point, 2 rough, 2 murky useless. Have you tried the Gulf of Aqueba from Tabba (eygpt) up to the israli border now that is something! we go there every year.

7. Re: Scuba Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2009, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Banjul