We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gambia Bird review

Ouagadougou...
1 post
Save Topic
Gambia Bird review

I had the worst flying experience ever with Gambia Bird recently on a trip from Monrovia, Liberia to Dakar, Senegal. I was sold a ticket online for a return flight on Friday Dec 20, 2013 and I was never contacted beforehand to let me know of their schedule changes. On the day of the trip, I spent 3 hours at the airport before their staff finally realized I was heading to Dakar and told me that I would have to wait for the next flight on Tuesday i.e. in 5 days and on Christmas Eve. And no solution whatsoever was forthcoming, I was not offered any compensation for the extra 5 days (food, hotel, transport, etc.) and on top of that it was quite a struggle to get a ticket reissued for the next flight... I am still waiting for a response to my email to their customer service. They deleted a comment I posted on their facebook page within a minute and still no response! It's appalling how they can just get away with getting customers stranded in a foreign country for 5 days due to total negligence on their part. Beware!!!

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Dakar
Dakar
Dakar Region, Senegal
banjul
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Gambia Bird review

The name always put me off doesn't sound like an airline and why I would never fly with Wizz although for some reason Virgin has always seemed a good fit. There is also Kulula in south Africa which sounds like a cocktail and EVA Hello Kitty in Taipei, or Germanwings, Bearskin, Hooters Air none of which appeal. Of course flying Gambia bird into UK you are covered by the EU regulations which will pay for hotels meals etc.

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gambia Bird review

My friend enquired about a flight to Gatwick today with Gambia bird,she said they wanted £1,300 for the seat,they live in cloud cuckoo land,no doubt a its the petrol shortage in gambia .

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
London, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gambia Bird review

I'm flying to Gatwick on Gambia bird next month flight cost £325. Wouldn't have been my first choice to be honest as it flies via Freetown and I would much prefer a direct flight. Very few options on TC or Monarch...I know I shouldn't have left it so late to book!

Mentioned in this post
Gambia
Gambia
Africa
NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gambia Bird review

Flew with them last September and VERY impressed. Just booked again for June. Went to office on Kairaba Ave but cheaper to book on line. No problems with going with them AT ALL.

Mentioned in this post
Kairaba Beach Hotel
Kairaba Beach Hotel
902 Reviews
Serekunda, Gambia
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gambia Bird review

Ive just booked for may , got a good price alot cheaper than gambian experience, , yes you do stop at freetown but when I used them last june it actually didnt feel as long as a thomas cook flight was,I suppose it was maybe the comfort of the plane and the free drinks and food

NORLAND, UK
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gambia Bird review

Cliff, so agree with you. When you add on the cost of food, drink, luggage etc & look at the TOTAL price for the flight GB are excellent value IMO.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gambia Bird review

I've just payed 489 RETURN. WITH GAMBiAN BIRD with drinks and food and 30 kgs plus 5kgs handlugage and they fly twice aweek ,gambian experience was 575 return. I think there allowance is 20kgs plus then you need your meals plus drinks ,and they fly just on a friday ,so if you havnt tried G B then book it through philliptravel

8. Re: Gambia Bird review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:50
Get answers to your questions about Banjul
Recent Conversations