We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

banjul port to kotu

Which Banjul hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
banjul port to kotu

coming for our first taste of the gambia on a cruise ship so only one day.

can we get taxi from port to the strip and how long would it take and approximate cost please.

any help Appreciated

shehog

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: banjul port to kotu

HI

I would not waste a taxi ride if I was you!!!!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,429 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: banjul port to kotu

Hi Shehog,

Welcome to The Gambian Forums...!!!

Think it's about 35 Dalasi, about £0.55p

Be about half to hour. That's in Yellow Taxi or Bush Taxi.

Green Tourist Taxi's about £15 Be about Half Hour..

''.. Rich......

Scarborough, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: banjul port to kotu

As ric says taxis very cheap. if you've only a short time and want a taste of mad, hectic but friendlier Gambia get a taxi to serrakunda. if you want a nice beach and a bit more touristy koto is fine. Enjoy your brief visit.

england
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: banjul port to kotu

realise my message a bit confusing. says koto on the top and the strip in the message.

we were going to have a week at kombo beach hotel, but now thinking of the cruise. thought maybe taxi ride through the strip then back to koto, but strip not of any importance to us really, just a way of seeing whats down there.

would like to see kombo beach hotel and also see a bit of street scene. think i am right that we could go to koto and then walk to kombo beach hotel. would that plus the taxi ride give us a reasonable taster? also would we have time to walk to koto stream? thank you for your reply

england
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: banjul port to kotu

thank you!!!

england
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: banjul port to kotu

thank you!!

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,661 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: banjul port to kotu

Hi - it may be referred to as "the strip" but maybe that gives the wrong impression. The strip is basically two roads with around 28 bars/restaurants, a few shops and money exchanges. This shows the full extent of the longer section - running from the Senegambia Hotel at the bottom to the junction with the main highway at the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iuNV08LYPE

As Steve says maybe get a taxi to Kotu beach but go via the street-scenes of Serrakunda

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: banjul port to kotu

hI

Shehog

Even though you opted for a cruise and not a holiday in TG even a day trip puts you at risk of malaria and the very worst type (falciparum) is all over TG I hope you are taking a course of anti-malarials rgds

england
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: banjul port to kotu

that sounds about right !!however can not find any web site telling me whether or not there are any taxis available at the dock. can you confirm if there are. thank you

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,429 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: banjul port to kotu

There are Taxi's at the Dock's, up to Midnight..

Get answers to your questions about Banjul