We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

Which Accra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
10 posts
Save Topic
Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

Hi fellow travelers, Help.

I have been doing my research on airfare, I can not find any reasonable tickets. The cheapest I found is $1524 excluding tax and other fees. Can anyone help me on this. I prefer to try and book plane ticket and hotel myself also I am on a budget (saving for the trip). I am not sure how much I need, this is my very first trip out of the country. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I have not seen any advice on getting airline tickets or booking hotels online. I plan on staying for 3o days.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

Hasselt, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

It is expensive to go to Ghana, compared to other destinations in Africa which are more touristic. I am going to Ghana myself in 2 weeks, but I am leaving from Europe. I was able to find an acceptable ticket on the klm-website, I bought my ticket 5 months before departure.

I hope you will get usefull tips !

Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

Mine is $2583. Round trip. I am leaving from Washington State. I went through Delta.

Atlanta, Georgia
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

Thank you for your help, I will check the website out. Is it better to book early and should I book on internet or go to airport, what is your advise?

Atlanta, Georgia
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

Hi,

I will be traveling through Atlanta's Hartfield Airport. Delta will be expensive than others for me and thank you for your help. If I like what I see in person I may consider moving there.

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

Thats what its gonna cost

If you can get to JFK cheaply there is a direct flight by delta from New YOrk

Atlanta, Georgia
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

Yes, thank you. I thought about taking a bus to JFk. Should I wait and get ticket at JFK or book online?

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
819 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

online or an agent i use premier out of Philly they are great on travel to africa

Atlanta, Georgia
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

Thank Dave you helped me out alot. I will check Premier.

Alabama
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

I have traveled to Accra twice. I believe the cost of the ticket depends on the time of year to travel (best rates before and after peak season). The average price is about $1500-$1800 is what I have found. I have traveled on Delta from Jfk to Accra, nonstop. I loved it. I booked this flight online you can always call the airline directly but the price will be a little more expensive. The second time I used Vayama.com and II flew Klm/Northwest from Memphis to Amsterdam to Accra although the price of this flight was a little cheaper the trip took much longer. I didn't like this flight, bad food, layovers and time difference. I'm planning my 3rd trip for March 09 and I wil be using Delta from Jfk to Accra. The best choice.

Atlanta, Georgia
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap Airline tickets! Are there any out there?

Thank you chocolatesun for your advice. I will go through JFK/Delta if Atlanta/Delta does not have direct or connecting flight.