We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Stay- Eastern Lesotho

leeds
Level Contributor
117 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Stay- Eastern Lesotho

In November I plan to drive from Underberg, via Sani Pass into Lesotho, and exit at Caledonspoort. I was planning on staying somewhere in Lesotho - not at Sani Pass as thats only a couple of hours into the journey. I looked at Mokhotlong but there doesnt seem to be much there. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay? Should I crack on towards Oxbow and if so how long is that likely to take in total from Underberg?

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
809 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Stay- Eastern Lesotho

There isn't much choice when it comes to accommodation in Lesotho. Your best bet is to head for Oxbow.

Johannesburg
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Stay- Eastern Lesotho

The road between Mokhotlong and Oxbow was horrible the last time I traveled it. Plan on three hours between the two.

Rudolph B

Kruger Availability

Windermere, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Stay- Eastern Lesotho

If you are a biker you just have to travel the road up to the dam ... It is a brilliant tarred road and AWSOM.

We did it on a BMW R1150 RT... it is a long ride to go there and back in one day (but we did it ) we plan to do it again this November but will stay over 1 night next time. Please does any one know of any accommodation near the area of the dam or within 30 or so minuets from there...

4. Re: Places to Stay- Eastern Lesotho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Lesotho
Recent Conversations