We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tourist visa

Colombia
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Topic
Tourist visa

I´m planning to travel to Lybia for vacation on Dec. 2009. When we started to plan the trip the contact I had in Lybia said that the visa could be obtained at the airport, provided that we have an invitation and do some other diligencies like to passport translations, etc.

Now I got the information from European agency that the regulations has changed and you have to obtain a visa before entering Lybia. I contacted the agency in Lybia and the say today they went back to the simplified visa at the airport, but the European agency says that this is not true!

Who do I belive??? I can not risk going to Lybia and not been able to enter the country. There is no Lybia consulate or embassy in my country and I won´t be able to obtain a visa prior to go to Lybia.

Please help me clarify this information.

Thank you!

Tripoli, Libya
Level Contributor
163 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tourist visa

Hello Kokacha,

Latest info I have that visa can be obtained upon arrival!!! However, can't really guarantee that.

Best thing to do, is getting in touch with nearest Libyan consulate (in a country near yours).

Or ask your contact in Libya to get sold information from an official officer about visa and specially for your nationality. Because, it varies from one nationality to another!!

I agree with you on not risking heading to Libya without being 100% sure about visa..

All the best

P.S Get in touch with a respectful Libya travel agency about visa thing or ask your contact to do that for you. Those guys know alot about that

2. Re: Tourist visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 14:01
3. Re: Tourist visa

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 14:03
Cardiff
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tourist visa

Hi Guys,

If you want more information on Libya and travelling to Libya, there's a new cool dedicated site were you can get info ask questions in their forum and upload your travel pics. Visit LiveLibya.com

http://www.livelibya.com/

Hope that helps

5. Re: Tourist visa

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Libya