We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visitor Visas - Tripoli, Libya

Which Tripoli hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
Visitor Visas - Tripoli, Libya

Hi

I'm a UK citizen and may shortly be moving to Tripoli for a 12 month contract.

My husband would like to come and visit every couple of months, but the issues around visas seems quite complicated.

If he is staying in a hotel, are they able to organise the visa / invite for him? Or is there any simpler route that someone can suggest? I'm trying to ensure that in the case of an unseen event if he needs to get into the country quickly to see me that he can.

Can anyone please advise?

Thanks for your help.

Tripoli, Libya
Level Contributor
163 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visitor Visas - Tripoli, Libya

Hello,

Since you are coming to Libya for a 12 month contract or something then you could send him an invitation to visit you. I don't know what type of visa you are applying for but since he is your husband he can visit you. If you are going to join a company in Libya then the company should do all that for you.

Hope that helped.. all the best

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visitor Visas - Tripoli, Libya

Thanks so much for your response... that was very helpful.

All the best... Jill

Malta
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visitor Visas - Tripoli, Libya

Your husband could apply for a 6 month multiple entry visa. A bit costly but perhaps you can get your company to pay?

4. Re: Visitor Visas - Tripoli, Libya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 07:27
Get answers to your questions about Tripoli