We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Tripoli

Dubai, United Arab...
1 post
Save Topic
Travel to Tripoli

Hi, Am planning to visit Tripoli on Business for a few days around the 1st week of May. How safe is it generally in Tripoli ? Have been hearing of a few hotspots. Any specific places to avoid ?

Tripoli, Libya
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Tripoli

Hey Kumar ....

if you are coming to Tripoli .. i can to say it is safe more in morning .. and evening it is safe but avoid Late night ..

best regards in your travel in Tripoli and we are welcome .

Tripoli, Libya
Level Contributor
163 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Tripoli

If you want to have a walk around, then best thing to start in the morning. It's all safe. Tripoli old city got a number of expats walking around and enjoying coffee there. 2 expats were with me few days a go and told me they feel really safe. However, if you could avoid going out when it gets dark that's better but I'm not saying it's dangerous. Just don't be alone and avoid remote and abandon areas.

3. Re: Travel to Tripoli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Tripoli