We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Libya Tourist visa for British citizen

Barnstaple, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
217 reviews
Save Topic
Libya Tourist visa for British citizen

Hello,

Is is possible to obtain tourist visas for British citizens and if so what are the procedures & required paperwork?

I am looking to visit Tripoli and Leptis Magna in October.

Many thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Libya Tourist visa for British citizen

The situation is so volatile that it is impossible to make any assessment so far out. I would not make any firm plans for a visit to Libya at present, but just watch the events and not make a firm decision anywhere more than 3-4 weeks out.

There is a Libya Security thread on the HUBB Sahara Travel Forum, worth following the posts there as that is where you will gain the most insight:

horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/sahara-travel-for…

Tripoli
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Libya Tourist visa for British citizen

Yes, it is possible to obtain a tourist visa for British citizens to Libya right now. You must find a local tour company on the ground in Libya who is willing to host you for the tour and they will process the visa paperwork for you with a scan of your passport. I believe the visa can be applied for 20 days before your tour. Also, tourist visas are ONLY for pick-up upon arrival to the Tripoli Airport right now...entrance by land with a tourist visa is not possible.

3. Re: Libya Tourist visa for British citizen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Tripoli