We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Weather Months

chester
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best Weather Months

Which are the best months to avoid both the rains and highest temperatures?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
575 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Weather Months

The "winter" in Madagascar is during the months of June to September approx. This was when I trevelled there and rain was not that abundant. I did visit the areas of Ranamofana and Andasibe (Perinet) and we did have rain a couple of times a day but these are rainforests so it is expected. If you want to be there when there are baby lemurs and tenrecs are not hibernating you would have to go November-April.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Weather Months

We went in May. There were showers at night but lovely blue skies during the day. I was surprised at how cold Tana and other inland areas were at night - i had brought a fleece to wear on the plane and was very glad to have it.

We went on the Anjajavy and Tsarabanjina - both were lovely and pleasently hot (unless you went on a five mile walk in the heat of the day!)

When we had previously visited Tsarabanjina in January it rained cats and dogs - and the sea was too rough for me to swim in

California
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Weather Months

You could only have April, Mai as dry and not too hot in Madagascar that is mainly in the coastal part of the country I am not sur about the Inland except Tana and Fianarantsoa is cold enough for me from Jun-August.

Again this is Madagascar when ever you go you will always have a lot of fun. My advice go when ever it is best time for you, how ever I was there in Nov. 05 boy it was hot I could't stand it, it was just too hot for me.

Have fun.

4. Re: Best Weather Months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 00:20