We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A tour guide in Madagascar

Horten, Norway
1 post
Save Topic
A tour guide in Madagascar

Hi!

My girlfriend and I are going on a backpacking trip. My girlfriend wants to go to madagascar from mauritius (one of our destinations on our trip), and I've told her we can't go because we can't afford it, just to throw her off the idea. But I'm actually going to give her a 5-6 day tourguide in madagascar arranged by some guide, for her birthday as a presant. I'm hoping anyone thats got experience from being there that could recommend any guides, and if anyone knows anything about Dyna.

Excuse my english, hope that everyone understands me :)

1. Re: A tour guide in Madagascar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 17:35
Mahe Island...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A tour guide in Madagascar

Hi,

Try to visit this linl: facebook.com/Madagascar Natural Tours, they've got very good english speaking guide.

cheers

Antananarivo...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
285 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A tour guide in Madagascar

Hello Julian,

just a recommendation: guides are not allowed by regulation to market tours so that may get you into trouble. If you wish to book a trip, I would recommend that you refer to this article.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293808-c192064/Madag…

Booking with a tour operator does not necessarly mean it will be more expensive. They can work with you to put together a tour within your budget.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: A tour guide in Madagascar

My husband and I just returned from a fantastic tour in Madagascar booked with a guide we found on the internet. Jean was wonderful, he was friendly, reliable, informative and nothing was too much trouble. He met us at the airport and travelled with us for the 2 weeks. Everything went very smoothly and we loved the experience. We did an East West program which he created for us to meet our interests and time constraints The Tsiribihina River decent, Tsingys and Andasibe National park were some of the highlights. We would definitely recommend jeanbetours.com.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A tour guide in Madagascar

We just came back from 18 days in Madagascar and we travelled with an operator called Visit Madagascar. Benjamin who organised the trip for us was excellent and our guide and driver were both fantastic. We would highly recommend them for anyone who is going to this beautiful country. Benjamin's email is visitmadatours@gmail.com and his website is www.madagascar-tour.com

6. Re: A tour guide in Madagascar

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2013, 11:48
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A tour guide in Madagascar

HiJulian,

I am currently in Madagascar on a tour with Dyna - can vouch for him completely as a great experienced driver and general guide whilst you are driving around Madagascar. He is not only a driver/guide but a tour operator - you can find him on Madagascar Travel Tours. He's not very good with the internet but this is his website: www.madagascar-travel-tour.com/guestbook

If you want to contact him via email, he's a little slow because he's constantly driving us around (and the drives are very very long). English is also his second language so he's a little slow to type and respond.

We've had experiences with dodgy drivers on our trip here (Jaco who does the 4x4ing in Tsingy) so a good reliable trustworth driver is essential. You leave all your belongings (luggage etc) with this one person as you go for lunch, do experience madagascar etc. so drivers are important. He's a very good person with a good heart and will look after you. He's very diligent with locking car doors and keeps you aware of potential pick pocketers, kids who try and scam you to buy their wares.

He drives a very well maintained Peugeot newish and if there are any issues I'm lead to believe that he has the skills to fix it as he used to be a taxi bus driver and mechanic. He's also quite entertaining with many random stories to tell if you start a conversation with him - we've probably spent over 60 hours with him in a car to date now so good chit chat, good toilet breaks and comfortable car to sleep in is very important!

I have no affiliation to Dyna but was just looking to give him a good post on Trip Advisor and came across your post. Our experience has been a great one. His prices were also more reasonable than other tour operators.

Norwich, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A tour guide in Madagascar

hi!

i spent 2 weeks in Mada with makigascar tour! very very very professional.

you can contact makigascar on : www.makigascartour.com or ( makigascartour@gmail.com )

regards,

johansen

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A tour guide in Madagascar

Hello Julian,

Have you traveled with Dyna in the end?

Could you give me some feedback.

Thank you!

Momo

10. Re: A tour guide in Madagascar

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:19