We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feon y Ala, Grace Lodge or Andasibe Hotel?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
152 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Feon y Ala, Grace Lodge or Andasibe Hotel?

I can't decide among the three. I plan to stay 3 or 4 nights and allow relaxing visits to Andasibe and Mantadia. I like what reviewers say about Feon y Ala's view towards the park and, but I also like the owner-operated part about Grace Lodge. Which has good combination of location and atmosphere and/or value for money?

Fianarantsoa...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Feon y Ala, Grace Lodge or Andasibe Hotel?

Hi, two of them is not big different price.So If I were you go to Feon'ny Ala, near the park and you can walk if you want to watch some animals .Feon'ny Ala is many viewers and easy to go to entry fee to the pak and you can choose a room ac you want to sleep.There are normal price, and Grace Lodge is little bit far from the park but it is quite hotel no more tourist.So it is depend on you and if you want some information about the tour , do not hesitate to ask me

best regard

luma r

Antananarivo...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
285 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feon y Ala, Grace Lodge or Andasibe Hotel?

For budget accommodation, my personal favourite is Feon'ny Ala. You can't get any closer to the reserve and you are woken up by the lemurs' noise in the rainforest.

If you are looking to have a nice and spacious room with relatively good food, go to Andasibe Hotel.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
152 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feon y Ala, Grace Lodge or Andasibe Hotel?

Thanks both.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
27 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Feon y Ala, Grace Lodge or Andasibe Hotel?

answering YOUR question it is definitely Feon'ny Ala. I liked Haja's part about "relatively good food" at Andasibe Hotel, I agree - it is "relatively good" for the price (same about the hotel - "relatively the best" as the most expensive). I personally think that Feon'ny Ala restaurant is the best in the area. BTW, why are not looking at Vakona Lodge - it is priced the same as (or even lower than) Andasibe Hotel, but offers more of the features you are looking for?

5. Re: Feon y Ala, Grace Lodge or Andasibe Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:20