We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone knows jean be tours?

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
anyone knows jean be tours?

hello everyone,

does anyone know Jean be tours and went on a tour with them?

i'm considering tour companies for this september for the tsiribihina river, and it seems that the prices he's quoting on his website are much cheaper than the rest....

thanks!

Tal

Antananarivo...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
285 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone knows jean be tours?

Before booking or committing with a local tour operator, please refer to this article in order to avoid any bad surprises:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293808-c192064/Madag…

los angeles
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone knows jean be tours?

i have the same question. thinking of using him. but do not know anything.

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone knows jean be tours?

Did either of the people on this topic go ahead with Jean Be & if so how was it?

I read the post about registration, and I don't see him on either list, but reading it carefully I see that although being on one of the lists proves you are accredited etc, it doesn't sound like NOT being on the lists proves that you are not. Is this correct?

I am seriously considering a trip with Jean Be, but as always with internet contacts, it pays to be cautious and do some research. I'd like to be sure that he is legit and professional and will do a good job.

Can anyone comment on this?

Jillian

los angeles
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone knows jean be tours?

my daughter traveled with jean be for about a week and had a very good experience.

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone knows jean be tours?

Thanks Deb, It's very reassuring to get a recommendation from a source independent of the company's own website!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone knows jean be tours?

We travelled with Jean Be Tours in early May 2014. We were also curious as to what our experience was going to be like, and how trustworthy the company was because we could find very little online, but budget was a big priority for us and Jean offered a good price.

We can without a doubt say that Jean is very professional, trustworthy and skilled at putting together an authentic and adventurous Madagascar experience. Jean corresponded with us personally via email to arrange a custom itinerary based on our time and budgetary constraints, and also based on what we were interested in as travellers.

We were on a rushed 7-day tour from Antananarivo to Morondava to see Baobab avenue, and it included all transportation (including 2 days on Tsiribihina River), most meals, our guide/cook, accommodation, and drinking water while on the river. It was an amazing experience, and Jean picked us up from the airport to introduce us to our guide, sort out contracts & payment, and waited several hours with us before our taxi brousse was ready to leave for the next town. In this time, we learned that Jean is well-respected locally, smart, kind, and aims to please all of his customers. He specifically mentioned that he wants to give his clients a real experience, as some people will come to Madagascar and hire a private car & driver - Jean shows his customers the real Madagascar. We only wish we had a longer time to spend in the amazing country, and we definitely would have done so with Jean Be Tours.

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone knows jean be tours?

Thankyou very much for your feedback, it's great to be able to check up on things independently. I have decided I would definitely like to go, if we can manage to navigate the difficulties of Qantas frequent flyer points... (a not inconsiderable hurdle as it turns out, it may be we should have started planning 6 months earlier). If we manage to pull it all together I will make sure I report back here so others can see also.

Jillian

Munich, Germany
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone knows jean be tours?

Salama!

We travelled the whole October 2014 with Jean Be Tours and it was amazing. We made the tour "Madagascar Azur". He is trustworthy, reliable and very experienced. It was in fact a perfect trip!

We started to contact JeanBe via email in spring. We discussed the details of our tour and we made a deposit via Western Union. At first we thought it's not a good idea to transfer money to somebody we never met.

But in the end it all went fine and we don't regret one cent!

Jean picked us up at the airport and dropped us off on the airport in the end of our tour. Everything during the trip was like we arranged it before. When we arrived we made a contract and discussed the details of your tour once more.

Jean is really a great guide! He knows all the local stuff and is very flexible. Even if we wanted to change your tour during our travels it was no problem for him to organize it.

And the best: the price was really reasonable. He was much cheaper than every german travel agency we asked.

We can recommend JeanBe to everybody who wants to have a great time in Mada!

Simone and Mathias

Fort Dauphin...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
Level Contributor
558 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone knows jean be tours?

I am not convinced that Kenner84 is a legit member. I have the feeling that this person is in fact Jean B.

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone knows jean be tours?

I agree it looks that way. I had been planning to use that company as soon as I could organise a travelling companion for the trip, but a cheap trick like that makes me very suspicious.