We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 week Madagascar itinerary

London, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
5 week Madagascar itinerary

We (2 people) will be travelling in Madagascar for 5 weeks in late October and November this year. We will be travelling on a fairly low budget so are keen to travel overland as much as possible (with only a few internal flights, if neccessary).

We would love to hear people's thoughts on best itineraries for 5 weeks - we would like to see as much of the country as possible, but without rushing too much. We would also like to make sure that we have at least a few days relaxing on some picturesque beaches.

Many thanks

Kampen, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 week Madagascar itinerary

Hi, I did the southern part of Madagascar within 2 weeks so I think in 5 weeks ,you can go to the north for 2 weeks(including Marojejy national park) then drive down south for another two weeks and 1 week to the Tsingy of Bemaraha and baobab avenue.

Kristina

2. Re: 5 week Madagascar itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 12:47
Antananarivo...
Level Contributor
409 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 week Madagascar itinerary

It depends to what you mean about "fairly low budget".

The thing is : for a lower budget, you should drive less and avoid taking internal flight. It means that you will spend some days in one place instead of "every day moving". Make the difference with the daily cost of the trip to decrease the total amount.

The good point is that you will have enough time to enjoy every place you visit. For example : spend two days in one park and surround, stay 02 days or more on each place on the beach, etc. The key is that you should have a skillfull guide otherwise you will have half day with no thing on schedule. Finally, You may feel like wasting your time.

If I were in charge of your planning, I would start by asking for your budget first and design the planning according to what you expect to see/visit in Madagascar.

Contact me by mail for help if needed.

4. Re: 5 week Madagascar itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 06:16