We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madagascar and beyond

New York City, New...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Madagascar and beyond

Hi all,

I am planning a last minute 40 day trip in July and August and wanted to get thoughts on my general plan and whether I am going to freeze or be rained on constantly!

I plan to fly from London to Madagascar and spend about 15 days there, then fly to Johannesburg and spend around 10 days self-driving in South Africa for the big sites (Kruger, Cape Town), then Mozambique for 10 days then Malawi for 5 days and back to London

Any thoughts please on weather July and August, and the time spent on each place? Also would love to hear thoughts on what best to do or see this time of year

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Montpellier, France
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Madagascar and beyond

Hello

I quick terrific your holiday, So concerning the weather in Madagascar, it'will be the winter season. not colde as Europe but need to be prepared.

Concerning the 15 days you spend there, it depends where do you want to go? anyway 15 days is enough to discouver the lemur of island. let me know if you want more information. have nice holiday

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madagascar and beyond

In15 days you can only visit a small part of the country, so you'll have to choose.

For an international trip, you could also/instead consider Reunion and Mauritius whuch are ciose by. La Reunion is fantastic if you like mountain hiking.

Morondava...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madagascar and beyond

Hi Andrew!! My name is Toky from Madagascar!! First of all I would say, you won't regret to choose Madagascar to be among of your destination country to spend your vacation, because there are so many things to discover here, sometimes we don't have enough time to see all of them, anyway 15 days is always enough for most of them. Talking about the season, we're in a winter (no rain), most of the road are dried now,though some are still bumpy. July and August is the high season here, there will be plenty of tourists here, depending their own choices as a destination. So you can choose to go to the East part, South, North or West of Mada; but I'd suggest you to choose Andasibe National Park for the biggest lemurs in this Island which is called INDRI INDRI, then continue your trip to the National Road n°7 or RN 7, including Antsirabe town where you can see some special places for sightseeing and its beauty with the different colors of the rickshaws, then to Ranomafana National Park for the fauna and flora or also to Isalo National Park as a Sandstone. after that you go down to the famous places Baobab avenue and indeed the well-known pinnacle Limestone (TSINGY OF BEMARAHA) which is unregretable to go there, this one I know it as well as my pocket, 'cause to be honest, I'm a local guide there. We're ready to make your stay in Tsingy and Mada unforgetable souvenir by discovering the unique formation in the world. So, just be ready! and take your time to think of the suggestions I 've just given to you friend. Well, have a nice travel!!!! Toky!!

4. Re: Madagascar and beyond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 10:16