We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

JHB
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Currency

Hey all :)

going with my school soon...wanting to know if most of mad places such as restaurants, curios, hotels etc. accept their local currency (malagasy ariary) or is better off to just use euros?

let me know please :)

1. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2010, 15:29
Antananarivo
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency

Hi Gabster,

I agree with ken. Change your euro's at the airport on arrival, if you have the time to do that. Often they offer a better rate then the banks in town.

Enjoy Madagascar.

Wendy

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
394 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency

Is it possible to use US dollars or euros for small purchases? We are coming by cruise ship so am not sure of the ease of changing money. Thank You

Antananarivo
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Currency

As far as I know you can't buy small things with Euro or Dollar, but you can always try!

And you can always find people who can change a few banknotes for you.

For me, I live in Tana (the capital) and pay all my things in Ariary.

Enjoy your cruise,

Wendy

5. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 17:21