We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport ATM

Which Antananarivo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Airport ATM

Are there ATMs at Antananarivo airport, or must one use a forex to obtain local currency?

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a taxi from the airport to the Ibis hotel.

Thanks for your help!

1. Re: Airport ATM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2010, 15:29
Antananarivo
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport ATM

Hi,

Why don't you ask the Ibis Hotel to come and pick you up. Maybe cheaper as you are staying with them and instead of getting hassled at the aiport, they will await you a name sign.

Ibis Hotel is not really in the downtown area, but in Akorondrano close to the Leaderprice supermarket.

Wendy

McGregor, South...
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport ATM

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Santo Domingo
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport ATM

I wonder if -given the fact that only VISA cards are accepted by the local ATMs in Madagascar- these ATMS also accept PLUS debit cards. The PLUS network is affiliated to VISA. Usually in the countries I travelled to when an ATM accepted VISA credit cards it also accepted PLUS debit cards. Does anybody know ?

Normally the ATMs displaying the VISA logo also display the PLUS logo

Thanks in advance.

Edited: 08 July 2010, 15:14
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport ATM

This is way late, but in case anyone else has the same question - yes, there is an ATM in the airport, just off to the side of where you come in on international arrivals. (This is connected to the domestic terminal, also.) I used it twice and had no problem with my Visa-type debit card. The only bad part was that it was apparently out of larger bills, so I got my money is units of 5,000 Ariary (about USD$2.50), so that's a large wad of cash when you first arrive. FYI - most ATMs in the country have a limit of 300,000 or 400,000 Ariary per transaction (USD$150-200)

There are a few foreign exchange places in the airport, though they didn't look open when I arrived late one evening. There is also one out in the parking lot that gives better rates (and isn't as sketchy as that sounds).

Finally, getting to/from the airport, there is now a shuttle bus that waits there for all arrivals and will take you to almost any hotel in the city for a fixed rate of 10,000 Ariary. A taxi by yourself would probably be around 25,000 Ariary or so. You can also arrange a pick-up service with that shuttle when you return, and it picked me up at my hotel reliably at the time requested three separate times, so you don't necessarily need a hotel shuttle (unless it's free).

6. Re: Airport ATM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Antananarivo