We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best location in Tana for sightseeing?

London, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
169 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best location in Tana for sightseeing?

Ideally, if it's safe enough, I would like to walk around the city from my hotel for sightseeing so I need a nice hotel with a good location. Am I right in thinking the hotel du Louvre has a good location or should I be thinking of somewhere else? If walking sightseeing is not recommended then I suppose it matters less where the hotel is. Just trying to avoid endless taxis in poor traffic during the day... Thanks for your help.

madagascar
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best location in Tana for sightseeing?

Hi, hotel du Louvre is the best hotel and best place and it is on the way to walk around and sightseeing on the top of Tananarivo.If you like go to there in qeen's palace and it is not far from your hotel and you can walk on foot or if you want to have a car, it is possible to do with someone who explane you .

By the way, I would like you to suppose something interesting outside the Capital to the coast of Island.Most interesting of nature like fauna and flore , wildlife in their life in the nature, I would to propose you to hire a car , and in Tana, the traffic is boring everyday.

So, if you like I would to share you my plan tour with special visit.

best whishes

Kozolci

Antananarivo...
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best location in Tana for sightseeing?

Hotel de Louvre is in a very good place for sight seeing or whatever you need in the downtown of Antananarivo. You can walk around in evening if you want but no so late. Taxi is recommended late at night. A tour of the city, or departure of shuttle bus is passing by the hotel.

For any information around Antananarivo, Regional Tourism board is 2 minutes walk down from the hotel. For any information out of Antananarivo, it is more accurate to contact professional with experience.

SOBEHA MADAGASCAR

3. Re: What is the best location in Tana for sightseeing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 11:17