We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saga Tours Mali

Sydney
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Saga Tours Mali

So far there have been no comments on Saga Tours. We were planning to go to Mali in March 2009 and are still uncertain about booking with Saga. Comments on the Best of Mali or Highlights of Mali tour would be appreciated.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Saga Tours Mali

Hi tutankarma,

Welcome to the forums! I see that you have not yet received a response to your post. I am bumping up your post so that hopefully one of our helpful members will see it this time around and be able to offer their thoughts on these tour companies.

Good luck with your travel plans!

TA_Louise

California
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Saga Tours Mali

I've tried to email them and keep getting a full mailbox response.

If you took the plunge and went on either of those two tours (the very ones I am interested in myself) I'd love to hear your experiences.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saga Tours Mali

Hi,

I'm planning a month trip to West Africa and would love any feedback on any tour company. I hear poor reviews about Saga and they are really expensive? Who else is recommended? I'm female traveling on my own and want reasonable but reliable! Please help!!!

Santa Barbara
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saga Tours Mali

Did you ever go to Africa and if so with which tour operator and how was it?

Sydney
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saga Tours Mali

We put off going to Mali because we were not certain of the tour companies which are charging such a lot for a 9-day tour. We have traveled elsewhere in the meantime but Mali is still on our short-list. Probably next year if someone advises of a great tour at good value. Thanks for asking.

Brisbane Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Saga Tours Mali

We are two Senior Aussies who plan to go on a 26day loop tour Saga have worked out for us, departing Accra 10th January 2010 and going through Ghana,Togo, Benin, Niger, Burkina Faso, Mali, (including Timbuktu) Burkina Faso Accra.

Cost for the two of us is Euro6720pp, this reduces to 5730pp for 3 people and 4520pp for 4 people.

Travel is by 4 wheel drive air conditioned vehicles with driver/guides and accommodation is all in hotels with breakfasts provided.

Coming from Australia the cost of getting to Bamako was dearer than paying the extra to be met in Accra.

If you are interested in joining us, both for company and to reduce the cost.I can forward all our trip details We are drlovett@bigpond.com

Sydney
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saga Tours Mali

Thank you for the offer; however, we only wish to do a 10 day tour of Mali. Wishing you the best of luck.

Brisbane Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Saga Tours Mali

If you are interested in changing your dates from March to Jan we would work in with joining you on the Mali sector, then carry on with our own itinerary. We have not confirmed our booking yet.

How are you planning to get to Bamako, we are finding it quite difficult.

Can anybody who has travelled with Saga Tours comment on whether they had any security fears on having to transfer 50% of the tour direct into Sagas bank account?

Our email address is drlovett@bigpond.com

2anzacs

Sydney
Level Contributor
29 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saga Tours Mali

We will not be able to go in March, so sorry we cannot join you in this.

I think it is customary to pay the 50% deposit up front. Saga is an established company, I think I would place my trust in them in this regard.

Brisbane Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Saga Tours Mali

You say you would not be able to go in March 2010, but I had said that maybe you could join us in January 2010 - any chance of that happening?

2anzacs

Get answers to your questions about Mali