We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ouagadougou to Dakar by bus

Accra, Ghana
3 posts
Save Topic
Ouagadougou to Dakar by bus

I'll be travelling to Dakar from Accra by bus, mainly because I'm operating with a very small budget. I'm told getting a bus to Ouagadougou is fairly easy. Problem is, I'm not so sure about getting a bus from Ouagadougou to Dakar. Does anyone have an idea what the best route will be and what it's going to cost me? Any advice?

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ouagadougou to Dakar by bus

Very straigthforward - in West African terms!

Ouaga-Bobo-Bamako (several buses daily, around 12 hrs-plus, around CFA20,000) and then Bamako-Dakar (not sure of frequency, allow at least 20 hrs, cost around CFA25-30,000).

Richard

Accra, Ghana
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ouagadougou to Dakar by bus

Thanks a lot Richard! very helpful info. Know any bus services I can contact in advance so I book over the phone?

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ouagadougou to Dakar by bus

In Ouaga, try these: http://ouaga-ca-bouge.net/La-STBF

Richard

Accra, Ghana
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ouagadougou to Dakar by bus

Thanks again Richard. You've been very helpful. Seems my trip is going to be a very long one by road. But I'm bent on making it. I've found some bus services from the link you provided. Thanks. Have a great day.

Save Reply
5. Re: Ouagadougou to Dakar by bus

Richard was right and almost accurate, in addition you need to prepare at least CFA40,000 for immigration stamps on ur passport. Davisa Royal Travel.

6. Re: Ouagadougou to Dakar by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Mali