We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bamako to Accra

Which Bamako hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bamako to Accra

I'm taking a tour that starts in Accra and ends in Bamako. I was thinking I would fly SAA from Joburg to Accra and back, and just need a one way flight from Bamako back to Accra on whatever carrier was available.

I've been looking for a flight from Bamako back to Accra, but I can't seem to find anything. Could someone advise on how to make the trip between Joburg, Accra and Bamako? Thanks!

Virginia
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bamako to Accra

I lived in Bamako from 2003-2005 and visited Accra at the end of 05 before going to the States. It was my experience and the common wisdom of most others I spoke to that there really isn't any (affordable) air travel between Bamako and Accra. We travelled on overland bus and it takes a good 2 days via Ouagadougou. One option might be to find a flight from Bamako to Lome, Togo and take the short bus ride from Lome to Accra. You might also check and see if it's possible to fly from Joburg to Accra and then pick up the return flight in Bamako or maybe Dakar. (I think SAA flies to Dakar).

Enjoy your trip. Ghana, Burkina and Mali are all fabulous places. :)

Princeton, NJ
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bamako to Accra

Don't know what you've found out, but Air Ivoire flies Accra to Bamako via Abidjan and Ouagadougou, what looks like a tortuous and late night route. We're taking that in January. It must fly the reverse, probably early in the AM.

Of course not cheap, so it depends on what your time is worth. With bad luck it could be as long as the overland trip, WAWA.

3. Re: Bamako to Accra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 06:39
Get answers to your questions about Bamako