We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel to stay for better weather.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
hotel to stay for better weather.

hi.

i have posted similar question in the past but i lost the answears!

so,in the beggining of august will visit mauritius.

which is the best place to stay for warmer and less rain weather-3 choices: le meridien, hilton, sofitel imperial.

thanks in advance.

England
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel to stay for better weather.

Sofitel and Hilton are in the West of the island while Le Meridien is in the North. It tends to be hotter in the West but I wouldn't suggest that you choose your holidays based on that because it is hot in the North too, even though not as hot as in the West. It just depends on what you want to do during your holidays.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel to stay for better weather.

hi again.

well our primary concern is beach holidays.we both love spending much time by the beach for swimming and sunbathing.will this be possible at the north side during the beginning of august?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel to stay for better weather.

Hi Telis

You can forget all about Sofitel, because they are closed for renovation in August. Hiltons beach isn't that nice, there is a lot of things falling down on the beach from the trees. I have not seen Merediens beach, but the area that they are located in is just as good as Hiltons.

England
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel to stay for better weather.

Consider Sugar beach or La Pirogue - superb beach, long sandy and shelves gently into the sea, not too much coral and great inside the reef for watersports, low tide does expose some coral, but pick an area to snorkel and its great.

The beach is long and safe, can walk into the village along the beach.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel to stay for better weather.

thanks everyone!any more comments are most welcomed!

6. Re: hotel to stay for better weather.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2007, 13:07
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel to stay for better weather.

Geia sou telis!

I am from Athens and I am about to choose for our honeymoon one of the hotels you were asking about. I am close though to pick up the Le Meridien though the nirvana garden facing room.

What was your final choice? Did you had a good time? Any info would be highly appreciated!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,534 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel to stay for better weather.

Hi Enia,

sorry, but I recall that Telis was having a baby, so put Mauritius on hold.

Sofitel sound like its due for a refurbishment and gets some mixed reviews on food. Although good location, near to Flic enFlac.

Le Meridiens rooms are also due for refurbishment, though not I think the nirvana rooms. I know you want to opt for a mountain facing nirvana but it would be lovely to get a seafacing room.

As you are hiring a car you would be 20 mins max from Grand Baie and the same for Port Louis.

Have you tried to pm someone who has stayed there recently? They are generally very happy to share their tips with you.

Let us know what you decide,

Regards,

Bronia

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel to stay for better weather.

Bronia thank you again for your time!

I wish we could afford for the nirvana sea view but the price is over 300 euros than the garden/mountain facing nirvana room...that's why I am thinking to opt for the garden facing room...how terrible would that be??

I didn't know that I could pm people from here...I will when I find someone...preston sure is my guy!! :)

Telis if you ever read this I hope you all three (wife and baby) go to Mauritius one time soon! Na soy zhsei!

Bronia thank you again very much!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,534 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel to stay for better weather.

enia,

Preston is on holiday at the moment, but if you look futher down at your other thread I passed some info on to you from him about the Nirvana rooms!

Bronia