We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find soft sand?

Staffordshire UK
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to find soft sand?

Hello

I stayed at Le Victoria ten years ago, and although we had a lovely holiday, we found that the sand was 'scratchy' and the sea was blue rather than turquoise. We intend to book for a stay later this year, and was hoping for some advice on where we might find the softest sand, and where we may be able to 'paddle to waist height in the sea?? Any advice most welcome?

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to find soft sand?

Try the Mont Choisy beach - it has excellent powder white sand. The nearest hotels are Le Canonnier and Club Med.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to find soft sand?

Hi UKtraveller67,

Welcome to the TripAdvisor forums! It looks like you've already gotten some good advice. Please feel free to post any more questions you might have about your upcoming trip. We have lots of friendly members here who would be glad to help you out.

Have a great time in Mauritius, and be sure to tell us about it when you return!

Best regards,

TA_MikeW

uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to find soft sand?

look at the beau rivage hotel,

we have been there 5 times

regards

saffi

dublin
Level Contributor
264 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to find soft sand?

Hi,

I stayed at the Belle Mare Plage. It has the most beautiful beaches I seen while in Mauritius. The sand is clean and soft.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough. It is outstanding.

5. Re: Where to find soft sand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 16:26